Between planning, shopping, and cooking, preparing your own meals can quickly become unmanageable, especially when you’re away from home. Meal kit subscription services promise to solve this problem, offering a set number of meal options that are shipped to your door in the form of pre-measured ingredients. But as convenient as these subscriptions may seem, they definitely aren’t the ideal option for most vacationers. Here’s why—and where my service as a culinary consultant comes in.
Shortcomings of Subscriptions
- They Limit You
The main selling point of subscription meal kit services is that they make dinner planning easier. That’s true to a point, but you can definitely do better! With a subscription, you get a few ready-to-assemble dinners a week, but you still have to do the unpacking and cooking, and you still have to figure out all your other meals for that week. Wouldn’t it be nicer to have all of your meals planned in advance by someone who knows you on a personal level?
- Your Menu is Restricted
Meal prep should give you the freedom to eat your favorite types of dishes, but that’s not always the case. Most services will let you pick a set number of portions from a set menu, but beyond that, there’s not a ton of consideration for you and your unique preferences. It takes a human touch to understand exactly what you want to eat and when, and that’s something that no large company can provide. Subscriptions also aren’t perfect for those with food allergies or sensitivities, which are often not accommodated by one-size-fits-all menus.
- The Ingredients Could Be Fresher
No matter what a subscription service may lead you to believe, the simple fact is that locally-sourced ingredients are your freshest option. With a subscription kit, what may have been fresh when it was purchased has since been shipped cross-country before it reached your doorstep, where it may wait until you get home. Just ask yourself what that level of processing likely does to the flavor of your produce and you’ll see why shopping local is a far smarter (and tastier!) option.
The Better Option
Why a Culinary Consultant?
A culinary consultant can offer you all the benefits of a meal kit subscription with none of the drawbacks. I’ll work one-on-one with you to determine exactly what I can do to make your life easier, and it’s this personal touch that sets my services apart from anything else on the market.
During our intake session, I’ll review your likes and dislikes and create a personalized food profile that will guide me in grocery selections and menu planning. From there, I’ll tailor my services across the board to suit your needs and preferences. And if those needs ever change, I’m always able and willing to adapt. No subscription service can say that!
What I Offer
- Creative menu planning ideas, fully customized to your tastes and needs. With my services, dinners become a relaxing evening ritual rather than something to stress about.
- Sourcing and purchasing of fresh, organic ingredients, including those that are gourmet, local, or hard to find. I’ll always go out of my way to find the best quality groceries for you, even if it requires a bit of shopping around. I’ve been around the block a time or two, so I know where to find the very best.
- Preparation, packaging, and labeling of delivered items, saving you time and preventing needless hassle. After all, why spend vacation time washing produce when I could do it for you?
- Delivery on your timetable. When you’re on vacation, the last thing on your schedule should be waiting for a delivery. I’ll always work around your plans to make sure deliveries are on-time and convenient.
If you want your vacation to be flavor-filled and hassle-free, we should talk! Schedule a call today to talk about what my services would look like for you.